Dragonspine is an area in Genshin Impact that’s filled with ice and snow. The intense blizzards and weather conditions make it appear as if there is nothing special to be found here. However, there are various treasures and items to be found here, particularly encased within the ice. To get to various brilliant items, you’re going to have to break the ice.
As you climb higher up the Dragonspine, the weather conditions get more intense. You’re going to need to find heat sources in order to stay warm. Unfortunately, heat sources don’t do much in terms of melting the ice, especially with ice patches with strange patterns – they are completely fireproof. But it’s these ice patches that hide some of the most amazing Genshin Impact treasures.
In this article, we’re going to help you learn how to break the ice in Dragonspine.
How to Break Ice in Dragonspine in Genshin Impact
RELATED: how to break ice genshin impact
So, heat and fire aren’t effective against ice patterns in Dragonspine. So, a Claymore should do the trick, right? Strangely enough, even though Claymores are brilliant for mining for ore and rock formation clearing, they don’t do a lot for these ice patches.
To break the ice in Dragonspine, you’re going to need a special type of ore called Scarlet Quartz. They look like clusters of red crystals and they’re found anywhere in the Dragonspine region. To collect Scarlet Quartz, break the red stones apart using any weapon or skill and collect the ore once it falls.
Once you collect this ore, your character will have a blood-red aura. It slowly dissipates over time, so try to make the most of the few minutes while it’s active. One of the most important aspects of this mineral is its warming effect that can counter the “Sheer Cold” mechanic of the region.
Additionally, this aura gives the player a single-hit damage boost in battle. This temporary effect is great against large crowds and bosses.
Another Scarlet Quartz benefit is the ability to break the ice patches in Dragonspine. The only thing you need to do is use the Scarlet Quartz-powered strike to break the ice formation. Usually, a single hit is enough.
Again, this is the only way to break the weird pattern of ice patches in Dragonspine.
How to Break the Ice Around Statue of the Seven
Finding an area’s Statue of the Seven is absolutely vital in Genshin Impact. Not only does it fill out the map and serve as a Waypoint, but it also allows you to revive allies, restore the party’s health, offer stamina increases, and various other rewards. Suffice to say, finding the Statue of the Seven in an area as harsh as Dragonspine is crucial.
In Dragonspine, however, the Statue of the Seven may be surrounded by the above-mentioned ice patches. So, it’s not going to be as easy to activate the statue in Dragonspine as it is near the city of Monstadt. But there are plenty of red mineral nodes around the statue. You just need to search for them near the outcrop entrance and run over to the statue once you obtain Scarlet Quartz.
Keep in mind that Scarlet Quartz does not appear in your inventory the way that other elemental nodes do. You have to use it where it falls. Luckily, there’s an abundance of the crystal lying around so finding them shouldn’t be a problem.
How to Destroy Ice Crystal in Dragonspine
Much like the ice patches, Ice Crystals in Dragonspine is only vulnerable to Scarlet Quartz. However, unlike the ice patches, the Ice Crystal won’t break after a single hit. You will note a health bar appearing and signs of damage showing. Go back to a Scarlet Quartz deposit and keep on coming back to the Ice Crystal, hitting it while you still have the blood-red aura around you. Four hits should do the trick.
A Unique Scarlet Quartz Benefit
As mentioned before, in addition to enabling the player to break various ice types throughout the Dragonspine region, Scarlet Quartz gives you temporary resistance to the freezing effects in Dragonspine and can stop the accumulation of the Sheer Cold debuff for a short time.
Every Genshin Impact region boasts some unique weapon blueprints. Dragonspine yields four 4-star blueprints that you can unlock by finishing quests and exploring Dragonspine. Some blueprints to look out for include:
- Snow-Tombed Starsilver – You can get the blueprints for this weapon by going around Dragonspine, breaking ice patches, and obtaining various achievements
- The Dragonspine Spear – There’s a World questline called Festering Fang. Finish the entire thing, and you’ll get a blueprint for this weapon.
- The Frostbearer – Level the Frostbearing Tree to level 10, and you’ll get a blueprint for this catalyst.
You can use the Frostbearing Tree to obtain various rewards that range from Fates and Mora to rare crafting materials. To do this, you have to find Crimson Agates (a total of 79 in Dragonspine) and turn them in at the Frostbearing Tree.
RELATED: how to break ice genshin impact
You won’t find your regular monsters like Brown Hilichurls, commonly encountered in Liyue/Mondstadt. This entire region has enemies that have all adapted to the cold – some dress warmly, while others have evolved into monsters.
You’ll encounter elite enemies like the Frostarm Lawachurl, Cryo Cicin Mage, and Ruin Graders. These are all counterparts to the standard enemy type that you’ve doubtlessly encountered in Genshin Impact’s more typical regions. Thankfully, you won’t feel too alienated from fighting these elite enemies, as they have similar weaknesses as their non-cryo counterparts.
There are two new artifact sets that you may encounter in Dragonspine – the Icebreaker and the Ocean Conqueror set. Both of these artifacts have core build changing potential for certain Genshin Impact characters. With the Ocean Conqueror set, a DPS set for Mona finally becomes a viable thing. The Icebreaker set, on the other hand, works best with Ganyu and Diona.
Stone Tablet Locations
Like in the Liyue region, you can look for Stone Tablets, hidden throughout the Dragonspine region. If you manage to find all tablets, you receive the Snow-Tombed Starsilver Claymore item as a reward.
Of course, getting your hands on all tablets is quite a bit of a challenge. They are either hidden incredibly well, require killing a lot of enemies, or will have you solving a ton of puzzles. Here are the locations of all Stone Tablets in Dragonspine.
- Go to the Snow-Covered Path Waypoint and look toward the Frostbearing Tree. Go left and start climbing the rocks. Take a look down the edge, and you’ll see a lake with four torches. The Stone Tablet is standing between the torches.
- Go to the Albedo’s Camp Waypoint. Follow the westward road and defeat the Ruin Grader when you encounter it. This monster will give you a Stone Tablet.
- Go to the Waypoint located somewhere underneath the word Wyrmrest when looking at your map. You should see a big hole right next to the Waypoint if you’ve unlocked the Domain. Go down it and look toward the southwest. You should see the Stone Tablet
- Go to the Waypoint located to the northwest of the Starglow Cavern. Walk down the path, and you should see a tombstone along the way. To get to the Stone Tablet’s location, walk to the square. Now, touch the Seelies. They will activate the mechanisms. Keep in mind that the Seelies need to activate all the mechanisms at once. Once the frozen lake disappears, repeat the same puzzle, now with more Seelies and mechanisms. Defeat the Ruin Guard and use Scarlet Quartz to get to the Stone Tablet.
- If you’ve unlocked the Peak of Vindagnyr Domain, teleport to the Domain, and you’ll find the Stone Tablet fairly easily.
- Go to the Waypoint located east of the Domain. Go along the path that leads upward toward the cave. You’ll see a Ruin Guard. You don’t have to fight the Ruin Guard – just pick up the Stone Tablet to the left.
- Go back to the Waypoint located east of the Domain. Climb the rocks to your right, and don’t stop until you see a new cave entrance. You’ll see a huge round door to the left. Walk into the Secret Room, and you’ll find the Stone Tablet and several other items.
- Once you’re done, go to the Statue of the Seven, and walk to the cyclic stone ruins. Go left. Get the Stone Tablet in the room. Now, the eight runes should all be glowing. Finally, activate the square mechanism. Then, walk into the room, and you should be able to obtain the Snow-Tombed Starsilver Claymore weapon.
Navigating the Dragonspine
The Dragonspine is one of the more challenging locations in Genshin Impact. Don’t hesitate to use a guide to find whatever you need. Be mindful of the Sheer Cold and freezing effects – make the most out of Scarlet Quartz to avoid losing health whenever possible. The elite monsters and bosses such as Ruin Guards are challenging enough to beat on their own – you don’t need freezing effects eating away at your health while you’re fighting.
We hope that this tutorial will help you better navigate the Dragonspine region and get to valuable items such as Stone Tablets, Artifact sets, and weapon blueprints. If you have any questions about Dragonspine or Genshin Impact in general, feel free to hit the comments below and ask away. Our community and we are more than happy to help.