How to Uninstall Genshin Impact – Explained
June 18, 2021 by Rozeena Baig
Are you an avid user of Genshin Impact and currently want to remove this program from your computer for some reason? If yes, here is a detailed guide on How to Uninstall Genshin Impact from PC. Go through this article to remove the program from your computer immediately.
Developed and published by Mihoyo, Genshin Impact is an open world action role-playing game. Since its launch, the game has become a huge hit, being watched by players around the world for this hit game. In order to become extremely popular, the game developers have accumulated dozens of game awards for it.
Embedded with a gacha mechanical system, Genshin Impact allows players to roll back until the outcome is in their favor. So it’s quite common for players to delete or uninstall their existing accounts and roll back until they get the characters and items they want. Sometimes, players are simply considering starting over for a fresh start and a new squad.
However, deleting existing accounts is not as simple as other games of the same genre. So we have come to the detailed guide on How to Uninstall Genshin Impact from PC. You will find all the information you need for a fresh start in the upcoming paragraphs. Read on!
Some common reasons that force players to remove Genshin Impact are as follows:
- The program takes up so much space that it affects the performance of the computer.
- The game file is missing some important files that need to be reinstalled.
- Security software generates warnings about this particular game.
- Or simply the player does not want to continue playing the game.
Table of contents
How to Uninstall Genshin Impact On PC
Permanently uninstalling a game requires a strong deletion of all game files. We have provided several optional ways for you to remove the program in the following paragraphs. Watch!
1. Through the Application’s own uninstall process
- First, launch the Genshin Impact app and tap on “Uninstall options”.
- You will get a pop-up message asking to confirm whether to delete the app or not.
- Click “Uninstall Options”.
- Once the uninstallation is complete, restart your computer.
- After logging back in to the PC, check if the application still appears.
- Now type “regedit” in the start menu and open it.
- Delete all subscriptions under Genshin Impact.
- First, go to the control panel simply by searching on the taskbar.
- Scroll down and find Genshin Impact. Right click on it and tap Uninstall option.
- Once removed, delete the app’s installation folder via the system’s Registry Editor.
3. Use Total Uninstaller to remove Genshin Impact
You can also uninstall Genshin Impact with an advanced application uninstaller tool. It can help you to delete files permanently quickly. Among all similar uninstaller tools, we recommend Total Uninstaller as it is a reliable tool.
- Go to Total Uninstaller on your computer.
- On the program menu, highlight the program menu and click “Run analysis”.
- Click the Complete Uninstall button to get started.
- Wait for the program to complete the uninstall process.
- Finally, click the Scan Leftovers button to find any leftover files.
- If you’ve found any, tap the Delete Leftovers button to delete them.
- Restart the computer.
also read Childe Genshin’s Impact
To complete your account deletion, you can also email the game’s support team to delete your Mihoyo account. You may also be asked to provide account login details. Your account will be deleted within 30-60 days.
how to uninstall genshin impact